General Liability Insurance
Businesses have to worry about slip and fall claims on their premises, injury or damage from products they sell, failure of products that they have installed along with invasion of privacy or advertising liability. All of these exposures can be included as part of your Business Insurance with General Liability coverage. Call us today for a review of your coverage and exposures!
Call FILER INSURANCE First!
Quick Quote Request
What is General Liability Insurance?
General Liability protects you against financial loss due to accidents that arise from slip-and-falls, damage to other people's property, injuries from products you sell and other non-automobile related accidents.
It is a contract between your business and the insurance company. You agree to pay the premium and the insurance company agrees to pay your losses as defined in your policy.
General Liability Limits
- EACH OCCURRENCE - The maximum amount payable for bodily injury and property damage combined arising out of any one loss from Premises-Operations, Fire Damage Liability and Medical Payments or any one loss from Products-Completed Operations.
- GENERAL AGGREGATE - The maximum amount payable in the policy period for bodily injury and property damage combined arising out of all losses from Premises-Operations, Fire Damage Liability, Medical Payments and Personal & Advertising Injury.
- PERSONAL AND ADVERTISING INJURY LIMIT - The maximum amount payable for the sum of all damages because of all personal injury and all advertising injury sustained by any one person or organization.
- PRODUCTS-COMPLETED OPERATIONS AGGREGATE - The maximum amount payable in the policy period for bodily injury and property damage combined arising out of all losses from Products-Completed Operations.
- FIRE DAMAGE LIABILITY LIMIT - The maximum amount payable for damages because of property damage to premises rented to you arising out of any one fire.
This covers your liability for accidents to the public on your premises or arising out of your operations. Unless specifically excluded, this also covers you for liability that you assume under a written contract, liability arising out of explosion, collapse and underground property damage and liability arising out of work performed by independent contractors that you hire to do work for you.
Personal Injury Liability
This covers your liability for such things as libel, slander, false arrest, malicious prosecution, wrongful eviction and invasion of privacy.
Advertising Injury Liability
This covers your liability for such things as unknowing infringement of copyright and libel or slander arising from your advertising or promotional activities.
Products-Completed Operations Liability
Products Liability covers your liability for accidents to public arising out of products that you have sold. Completed Operations Liability covers your liability for accidents to the public as a result of faulty workmanship and after you have completed your work.
Fire Damage Liability
This covers you for your liability for fire damage to the building that you lease should a fire occur as a result of negligence by you or your employees.
Premises Medical Payments
This coverage pays medical expenses of the public, when injured on your premises, regardless of whether you are liable.
Employee Benefits Liability
This optional coverage covers you for claims arising from mistakes made in connection with administering employee benefits, that result in an employee not being covered or not receiving a benefit that they otherwise would have received.
We provide general liability insurance to clients in Miami and South Florida. Contact us to learn more about the right general liability insurance for your business.
The above summary is not a policy and is only intended as a brief presentation of available coverages. The actual insurance policy will provided full details of all benefits, conditions and exclusions.